Friday, April 3, 2015

''SLEEP WALKING''

Here's another story Robert and I shared.  And honest this is weird, but true.

As kids, Robert and I both went and had a sleep over at our Granny's house one night.

  Well like several of my fb friends, Granny was more like my Mummy (as I spent so much time in her home).

 Granny made brilliant dinners! (she worked as a cook in a local Hospital, amongst many things) - all real home cooked meals.  Even thinking about her meals makes me salivate. lol

Can still smell her steak and kidney pie, Shepard's pie, Homemade broth with dumplings- which Robert and I would fight over lol.  Granny made us real home made custard, creamed rice puddings- (cooked in the oven) semolina and tapioca desserts.

 Granny's sponge puddings, covered and simmered over an old  mains gas stove, where absolutely scrumptious!

She made Jams, Slims (kind of flat fruit scone cooked on her griddle -which I still possess) and Robert REALLY  loved his food, and loved going to Granny's house as he loved her Apple Tarts, scones and soda farls.  In fact I would go so far as to say ROBERT LOVED ALL GRANNY'S MEALS lol

Well this one particular night after supper we headed off to bed in our PJ's 
Tucked snuggily into a double bed in the back bedroom.

Now after falling asleep I remember nothing more until the following day - waking up on the settee with several blankets wrapped around me wondering ''WHY WAS I HERE AND NOT IN BED''????


.
Discovered later from my parents that Granny heard a noise that woke her up, and found both Robert and I had decided to sleep walk, ON THE VERY SAME NIGHT!!  lol! I sleepwalked down the stairs and just lay down on the settee.  However Robert had other plans! He was found banging the front door - trying to get out.

No wonder Granny told my parents she would never let us both stay over again,on the same night.
Think we scared the life outa her
RIP    ''GRANNY'' xxx  <3